Fabric Place Basement is a paradise for quilters with over 10,000 bolts of premium, first quality quilting fabrics to choose from. Stroll our aisles of fabric and discover top quality, 100% cotton quilting fabrics from your favorite manufacturers and designers.
Find the latest styles and trends in quilting fabrics, plus all the basics to build a stash. There is something for everyone - whether you a beginner new to the craft or an accomplished quilter.
No matter what style you choose, count on our quilting fabric being the best quality available, beautifully printed on high thread count “grey” goods, ensuring a soft hand and longer fabric life.
Plan to spend a while when you come – you’ll be looking at nearly 100 miles of 100% cotton quilting fabrics, batting and hundreds of quilting notions and tools all in one place!
- Genuine Batiks – an unparalleled selection – hundreds and hundreds!
- Kona Cotton Solids (over 100 colors to choose from)
- Blenders, white-on-whites, and tone-on-tones
- Reproduction and historical prints
- Novelties, holiday motifs, and easy-to-sew panels
- Juvenile patterns and nursery motifs
- Extra-wide quilt backs
- Pre-quilted fabrics
- Fat Quarters
- Premium quality flannel prints and solids
- Modern patterns and collections from your favorite designers
- Fleece and Minky in solids and patterns
Put It All Together with…
- An inspiring selection of quilting patterns (with great low prices to match)
- Premium quality muslin
- Batting by the yard or in packages by size – find all natural cotton, cotton/ poly blends, and polyester and more
- Quilting Notions and Tools - Rulers, squares and triangles from Omnigrid and O’lipfa. Olfa rotary cutting supplies, Aurifil and Gütermann thread, John James needles, marking pens, binding clips, bias tape makers and hundreds more notions.
A fat quarter is not a body part!
Fat quarters are pre-cut ¼ yards of fabric but not cut the traditional way. Measuring 18” X 22”, fat quarters are versatile and convenient for cutting larger pieces, and more useful when you are fussy-cutting. You’ll find hundreds of fat quarters at FPB.
All right, so what is fussy cutting?
Fussy cutting is not something you do when you’re in a bad mood. Fussy cutting is a technique quilters use to isolate a motif or design and cut around that motif to feature it in a quilt block. Many quilters make a template or window to visualize the motif in the block before fussy cutting.